Calendar events will be deleted after one year. If you would like to add a community-wide event to this calendar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live music will be playing, along with food sales at Washington Park. Event will end at 3 pm, or when the food is sold out.
This meeting was originally scheduled for May 11.
Drive up to the Crawford County Hunger Fighters Food Give Away on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at the Presbyterian Church, 205 N. 24th Street in Denison.
Call 712-263-4130 for more information.
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL ‒ CURNYN, GARCIA, GRANZEN, LOESCHEN, MILLER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- MOTION TO APPROVE AGENDA
- MOTION TO APPROVE CONSENT AGENDA
- approve and waive the reading of the minutes for 05/04/2021
- approve the bills as presented
- approve Cash & Activity Report – April 2021
- approve Budget Report – April 2021
- approve liquor license(s) for: Kimmes Country Store #11
- Eldon Christensen request for hearing regarding mowing invoice
- Public Forum – limit 5 minutes
- Motion to approve Special Event Permit – Crawford County Memorial Day Service
- Motion to appoint Corey Curnyn as Mayor Pro-tem
- Motion to approve hiring of Deputy Clerk
- Possible motion to approve hiring of non-certified police officers
- Motion to approve quote from Frazier Contracting for basement for Home for Iowans
- Mayor Report
- City Manager Report
CITY COUNCIL PLANNING SESSION
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
(Immediately following regular council meeting held at 5:00 p.m.)
Council Chambers – Denison, Iowa
- Call meeting to order
- Roll call: Curnyn, Garcia, Granzen, Miller
- Old Business:
a) Cameras in City buildings
b) Wellness center update
c) Handbook review
d) Mayoral duties
e) Employee evaluations
- New Business:
a) Chain of command
b) Comp/Flex time policy
c) Flood Control
d) City Manager/Engineer
Live music from the Boyer River Band will be onstage at the corner of Broadway and Main Street. Customers can enjoy discounts inside local businesses in uptown Denison. Business will provide one beverage per customer that must stay inside their business. Participating businesses include The Junkery, The Cottage, Reynolds Clothign, The Boutique, Totally You, Common Threads, Iconic Screen Printing, ID Apparel, and Buck Snort Restaurant.