Calendar events will be deleted after one year. If you would like to add a community-wide event to this calendar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drive up to the Crawford County Hunger Fighters Food Give Away on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at the Presbyterian Church, 205 N. 24th Street in Denison.
Call 712-263-4130 for more information.
SECOND REGULAR CALLED CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday, January 19, 2021 ‒ 5:00 p.m.
Council Chambers ‒ Denison, Iowa
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL ‒ CURNYN, GARCIA, GRANZEN, LOESCHEN, MILLER
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
4. MOTION TO APPROVE AGENDA
5. MOTION TO APPROVE CONSENT AGENDA
a. approve and waive the reading of the minutes for 01/05/2021
b. approve the bills as presented
c. approve Cash & Activity Report – December 2020
d. approve Budget Report – December 2020
6. Public Forum – limit 5 minutes
7. Tourism Update from CDC
8. Motion to appoint Sara Klatt to Planning & Zoning Board to replace Dan Eiten; re-appoint Gary
Reisz to Planning & Zoning Board; re-appoint Chad Langenfeld to DMU Board
9. Motion to approve Resolution setting public hearing for Max Levy for FY 21-22 Budget
10. Motion to adopt final reading of ordinance #1533 amending Chapter 64 – stop & yield signs
on 6th Ave N at 24th St
11. Discussion and possible motion on applying for a home from Homes for Iowans
12. Discussion and possible motion on purchasing a new cold patch trailer
13. Mayor Report
14. City Manager Report
CITY COUNCIL PLANNING SESSION
Tuesday, January 19, 2021
(Immediately following regular council meeting held at 5:00 p.m.)
Council Chambers – Denison, Iowa
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call: Curnyn, Garcia, Granzen, Loeschen, Miller
3. Old Business:
b) Wellness center
c) Majestic Hills
d) Handbook review
e) LEAN evaluations
4. New Business:
a) LMI Funds
b) Chain of command
c) Mayoral duties
d) City Manager/Engineer
e) Uptown Revitalization committee
Please bring a free will donation and/or items for TAP (Temporary Aid Program).
Menu is red beef chili and white chicken chili, grilled cheese sandwich, drink & dessert.
Take out will be available.
For more information, call Christy Welch at 712-269-1987.