Calendar events will be deleted after one year. If you would like to add a community-wide event to this calendar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FIRST REGULAR CALLED CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday, September 7, 2021 ‒ 5:00 p.m.
Council Chambers ‒ Denison, Iowa
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL ‒ CURNYN, GARCIA, GRANZEN, LOGAN, MILLER
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
4. MOTION TO APPROVE AGENDA
5. MOTION TO APPROVE CONSENT AGENDA
a. approve and waive the reading of the minutes for 08/17/2021
b. approve the bills as presented
c. approve liquor license(s) for: Tri City BBQ; Lucky Lanes (pending dram)
d. approve PCE #2 – Krohnke – FEMA river embankment project
e. approve PCE #1 – Frazier Contr. – Homes for Iowa
6. Public Forum – limit 5 minutes
7. Motion for Mayor to appoint Corey Curnyn as Mayor Pro-tem
8. Motion to re-appoint Evan Blakely and Doug Dorhout to P&Z
9. Department Head Reports
10. Discussion and possible motion to approve a new application for Cigarette, Tobacco, Nicotine, Vapor products from Main Tobacco Vape Gift Shop
11. Motion to approve mower purchase for Fire Dept.
12. Motion to accept bid on sale of 2007 Cub Cadet for Fire Dept.
13. Motion to waive fees for special event permit for BBQ Festival
14. Motion to approve special event permit for Homecoming Parade
15. Discussion and possible motion on waiving payment to council members for the special council meeting held on July 13, 2021
16. Motion to approve resolution rejecting original bids received on Aug. 12, 2021 on Phase 3, Stage 2 crosswind runway grading, paving, and lighting and authorize re-bidding of the project for Sept. 28, 2021.
17. Mayor Report
18. City Manager Report
19. Possible motion to go into closed session per IA Code 21.5(1)(j) to discuss purchase of particular real estate only where premature disclosure could be reasonably expected to increase the price the governmental body would have to pay for that property.