Calendar events will be deleted after one year. If you would like to add a community-wide event to this calendar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drive up to the Crawford County Hunger Fighters Food Give Away on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at the Presbyterian Church, 205 N. 24th Street in Denison.
Call 712-263-4130 for more information.
Due to no business that needs to come before the board, the P&Z meeting has been cancelled for this month.
Manilla Madness is a 28-mile bike ride encouraging cyclists from near and far to enjoy the beautiful, scenic ride from Denison to Manilla and back. Registration begins at 8 a.m. and the ride begins at 9 a.m. through 4 p.m.
The Denison Community Schools mariachi ensembles will perform on the Washington Park stage as part of the celebration of Cinco de Mayo. Food vendors will be allowed to sell food and drinks (non-alcoholic) and sponsorships will provide fundraising for the DCSD Mariachi program. The Denison Music Boosters will assist in set-up and clean-up for the event.
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL ‒ CURNYN, GARCIA, GRANZEN, LOESCHEN, MILLER
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
4. MOTION TO APPROVE AGENDA
5. MOTION TO APPROVE CONSENT AGENDA
a. approve and waive the reading of the minutes for 04/20/2021
b. approve the bills as presented
6. Public Forum – limit 5 minutes
7. Discussion on Boyer Valley fields
8. Department Head Reports
9. Motion to re-appoint Corey Curnyn to Crawford County Solid Waste Agency Commission
10. Discussion and possible motion on overhead doors for south side of Fire Station
11. Discussion and possible motion to purchase two MDT’s for Police Dept.
12. Discussion and possible motion on buying mower for Public Works
13. Discussion and possible motion on mudjacking N. Main intersection
14. Motion to approve 2021-2022 union contract with Denison Police Association
15. Motion to approve resolution approving plans and specs & setting bid letting for FEMA river embankment project
16. Mayor Report
17. City Manager Report
18. Possible motion to go into closed session per IA code 21.5(1)(i) to evaluate the professional competency of an individual whose appointment, hiring, performance or discharge is being considered when necessary to prevent needless and irreparable injury to that individual’s reputation and that individual requests a closed session.
19. Possible motion to go into closed session per IA code 21.5(1)(c) to discuss with counsel in matters that are presently in litigation or where litigation is imminent where its disclosure would be likely to prejudice or disadvantage the position of the governmental body in that litigation.