Calendar events will be deleted after one year. If you would like to add a community-wide event to this calendar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please bring a free will donation and/or items for TAP (Temporary Aid Program).
Menu is red beef chili and white chicken chili, grilled cheese sandwich, drink & dessert.
Take out will be available.
For more information, call Christy Welch at 712-269-1987.
FIRST REGULAR CALLED CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday, February 2, 2021 ‒ 5:00 p.m.
Council Chambers ‒ Denison, Iowa
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL ‒ CURNYN, GARCIA, GRANZEN, LOESCHEN, MILLER
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
4. MOTION TO APPROVE AGENDA
5. MOTION TO APPROVE CONSENT AGENDA
a. approve and waive the reading of the minutes for 1/19/2021 regular meeting & 1/19/2021 for planning session
b. approve the bills as presented
c. approve liquor license(s) for: Hy-Vee Wine & Spirits and Primetimes
6. 5:00 p.m. Public Hearing on Max Levy for FY 21-22 Budget
7. Public Forum – limit 5 minutes
8. Department Head Reports
9. Motion to re-appointment Lyle Frazier to the Housing Board and Tracy Brus to Boulders Conference Center Board
10. Motion to approve Special Event Permit for St. Patrick’s Day parade on Mar. 13, 2021
11. Motion to approve resolution approving Max Levy for FY 21-22 Budget
12. Motion to approve resolution endorsing application for Iowa’s Transportation Alternatives Program Funds for Weiss Family Safe Routes to Schools Trail
13. Motion to approve resolution approving Engineering Agreement (Task Order No. 1) with McClure Engineering Company for Construct Runway 18/36 – Design and Bidding Services, contingent upon FAA approval.
14. Ordinance amending Chapter 105 – Solid Waste Control & Recycling – garbage fees Motion to adopt 1st reading
OR Motion to waive 2nd & 3rd readings; THEN motion to adopt
15. Motion to approve resolution amending Civil Penalties & Fines – garbage fees (if ordinance adopted)
16. Motion to approve agreement with Destination Branding Services
17. Discussion and possible motion to renew contract with Carroll Refuse
18. Discussion on P&Z recommendation to amend Chapter 169 regarding home based businesses
19. Mayor Report
20. City Manager Report
21. Possible closed session per IA code 21.5(1)(j) to discuss the purchase of particular real estate only where premature disclosure could be reasonably expected to increase the price the governmental body would have to pay for that property.
Drive up to the Crawford County Hunger Fighters Food Give Away on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at the Presbyterian Church, 205 N. 24th Street in Denison.
Call 712-263-4130 for more information.