Calendar events will be deleted after one year. If you would like to add a community-wide event to this calendar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL ‒ CURNYN, GARCIA, GRANZEN, LOESCHEN, MILLER
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
4. MOTION TO APPROVE AGENDA
5. MOTION TO APPROVE CONSENT AGENDA
a. approve and waive the reading of the minutes for 04/20/2021
b. approve the bills as presented
6. Public Forum – limit 5 minutes
7. Discussion on Boyer Valley fields
8. Department Head Reports
9. Motion to re-appoint Corey Curnyn to Crawford County Solid Waste Agency Commission
10. Discussion and possible motion on overhead doors for south side of Fire Station
11. Discussion and possible motion to purchase two MDT’s for Police Dept.
12. Discussion and possible motion on buying mower for Public Works
13. Discussion and possible motion on mudjacking N. Main intersection
14. Motion to approve 2021-2022 union contract with Denison Police Association
15. Motion to approve resolution approving plans and specs & setting bid letting for FEMA river embankment project
16. Mayor Report
17. City Manager Report
18. Possible motion to go into closed session per IA code 21.5(1)(i) to evaluate the professional competency of an individual whose appointment, hiring, performance or discharge is being considered when necessary to prevent needless and irreparable injury to that individual’s reputation and that individual requests a closed session.
19. Possible motion to go into closed session per IA code 21.5(1)(c) to discuss with counsel in matters that are presently in litigation or where litigation is imminent where its disclosure would be likely to prejudice or disadvantage the position of the governmental body in that litigation.
The Denison High School jazz bands and show choir will perform on the Washington Park stage. Basic concessions will be available for purchase.
Live music will be playing, along with food sales at Washington Park. Event will end at 3 pm, or when the food is sold out.
This meeting was originally scheduled for May 11.
Drive up to the Crawford County Hunger Fighters Food Give Away on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at the Presbyterian Church, 205 N. 24th Street in Denison.
Call 712-263-4130 for more information.
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL ‒ CURNYN, GARCIA, GRANZEN, LOESCHEN, MILLER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- MOTION TO APPROVE AGENDA
- MOTION TO APPROVE CONSENT AGENDA
- approve and waive the reading of the minutes for 05/04/2021
- approve the bills as presented
- approve Cash & Activity Report – April 2021
- approve Budget Report – April 2021
- approve liquor license(s) for: Kimmes Country Store #11
- Eldon Christensen request for hearing regarding mowing invoice
- Public Forum – limit 5 minutes
- Motion to approve Special Event Permit – Crawford County Memorial Day Service
- Motion to appoint Corey Curnyn as Mayor Pro-tem
- Motion to approve hiring of Deputy Clerk
- Possible motion to approve hiring of non-certified police officers
- Motion to approve quote from Frazier Contracting for basement for Home for Iowans
- Mayor Report
- City Manager Report