Calendar events will be deleted after one year. If you would like to add a community-wide event to this calendar, please email email@example.com.
In case of rain, alternate location is in the Denison High School gym.
Road closures around the courthouse will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Call 712-263-4130 for more information.
SECOND REGULAR CALLED CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday, June 15, 2021 ‒ 5:00 p.m.
Council Chambers ‒ Denison, Iowa
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL ‒ CURNYN, GARCIA, GRANZEN, MILLER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- MOTION TO APPROVE AGENDA
- MOTION TO APPROVE CONSENT AGENDA
- approve and waive the reading of the minutes for 06/01/2021
- approve the bills as presented
- approve Cash & Activity Report – May 2021
- approve Budget Report – May 2021
- approve tobacco license(s) for: Ampride Truck Plaza, Casey’s General Store, The Pub, Denison Country Store, Dollar General, Fareway Stores, Inc, Hy-Vee Food Store, HyVee Wine & Spirits, Pronto, Walmart; Tienda El Mexicano; approve tobacco license(s) pending forms/payment: Beer Thirty, One Stop Shop
- approve solid waste hauler licenses for: Absolute Investment Group, Bohlmann & Sons, Carroll Refuse Service, Denison Disposal, Green RU, R&S Waste Disposal
- approve Draw #4 for Region XII – CDBG Housing grant
- Public Forum – limit 5 minutes
- Discussion and possible motion on P&Z recommendation – steel roofs
- Report from CDC Tourism coordinator – Shani Bonner
- Motion to re-appoint: Rod Bradley and Tom Brungardt to Board of Adjustments; Lisa Hicks and Evan Blakely to Housing Board
- Discussion on amending ordinance to allow someone outside city limits to be on the Parks & Rec Board
- Motion to make an appointment to fill Ward 1 Council vacancy
- Possible Oath of Office – Ward 1 Council appointment
- Motion to approve Special Event Permit for Red, White & Boom
- Motion to approve Special Event Permit for Hot Summer Nights
- Motion to hire Administrative Assistant
- Motion to approve resolution setting public hearing on proposed specs, form of contract for FEMA river embankment project
- Motion to approve Flood Dept. employee job description and move supervision to the Fire Chief
- Discussion on amending Chapter 171.06 – Opaque Barrier
- Motion to approve increase in Frazier Contracting quote for the basement for the Homes for Iowans on Ave C
- Discussion and possible motion on renewing the agreement with CDC for tourism services
- Motion to approve Resolution approving 20-21 Fiscal Year End transfers
- Motion to approve Resolution setting wages effective July 1, 2021
- Motion to authorize the City Clerk to pay bills through 6-30-2021
- Mayor Report
- City Manager Report