Employment with the City of Denison
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our employment application is available in .pdf format. Adobe Acrobat Reader software is required for viewing.
The City of Denison is an equal opportunity employer. Bilingual persons are encouraged to apply.
Departmental job openings are listed below. Please follow submission instructions for each department. Applications can also be returned to Denison City Hall, 111 North Main Street, PO Box 668, Denison, IA 51442. An application can be downloaded below, or can be picked up at City Hall (111 North Main in Denison). Questions may be directed to City Hall at 712-263-3143. EOE.
City of Denison Employment Application (Click to download)
Applications can be dropped off or mailed to:
Denison City Hall
Attn: City Manager
PO Box 668
111 North Main
Denison, Iowa 51442
Click on the department below for more information.
- Airport – No openings
- Administration / Building / Code – No openings
- Aquatic Center / Parks & Rec
- Police Department
- Public Works
- Fire Department
Following are benefits for full-time City of Denison employees.
- PTO: Vacation and Sick Leave
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Disability and Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Longevity Pay
- Ten Holidays (New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas)